Tuesday, June 8, 2010

How To Prevent Socks From Sliping Down

Santini

still thinking I was walking to the words of my boss "I believe in you lady, do not disappoint me"
I still had these thoughts in mind, when I see it .
Dressed in a shapeless long skirt and dirty, three thousand rags on his back and a scarf in a color that is not well defined in the head.
was so bent upon itself to look like a bow.
I see her approaching the trash can that is along the Avenue of the Villa Borghese.
The watch hands are old and wrinkled. Remind me of my grandmother.
My heart tightens.
pulls out a loaf of bread and carries it to his mouth while I see a face like a smile stanco.Mi feel small and stupid.
speed up my pace and began to rummage in my big bag vain.
I take your wallet and look at my availability. Three miserable
€. In the morning I was taking water, a Moroccan bar and a magazine ... just three paltry € were advanced.
Well that's all ... I have nothing.
I approach her and whisper the name.
"Excuse me ..."
He turns, I do not question begging, but he smiles at me a toothless smile.
reach out my hand as she stares at me still smiling.
"I'm sorry I have no more ..." The hands stretch to me. They are calloused, dirty old and tired. I support my coins and she closes strong shaking.
leave I say goodbye and I take my way. Do not end up putting the foot on the ground that his rough hand grabs my arm. I turned suddenly, a strange fear I had suddenly reached. I look at her with eyes that surely have left to escape my anxiety and I see her toothless smile.
"Please lady to protect you" I see
materialize the saint in his hands ... St. John the Baptist ... and I am a believer that I miss ...
"No love for the saint no ... "
" Take woman, hear me ... take it .... will protect you "I whisper a thank
that she will probably not even heard while fixed the image changes.
Looking back the last time I received a blessing ... the day after I got a job. And now that my contract is to expire, which I do not think a saint, kept in a strangely empty wallet.

Photo: Rome, Ostia

0 comments:

Post a Comment